Update September 2017:
Method below is out dated, better to follow:
Update for Windows 10 users!:
There is an issue with Windows 10 and Arcsoft TMT driver that will make your PC crash with “critical_structure_corruption” blue screen. more info here:
In this tutorial i will show you how to add external subtitles (idx, smi, sub, srt, psb, ssa, ass, usf, ssf) to a bluray movie.
Update September 2015:
the tutorial below is relevant only to Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1. when using the tutorial below on windows 10 and starting the program, the PC crashes (at least for me). if you encounter this issue, install only version 22.214.171.124 of arcsoft TMT.
Things you will need:
- A program to open Bluray movie files: ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre. at the time i wrote this tutorial i was using version 126.96.36.199
- Use only this exact TotalMedia Theatre version, other versions have bugs
- If you get “Cannot connect to server” message when installing TotalMedia Theatre reply here and i will add a workaround
- The attached plugin files you can download from here to your PC
- Windows 7 or Windows 8 / 8.1 Operating system
How to configure:
- Install ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre on your PC
- Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\Codec
- Backup file named “VideoRenderForEvr.ax”, save a copy on your desktop or rename it to “VideoRenderForEvr.ax_orig”
- Copy the 2 files inside the .zip file you downloaded to C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 6\Codec, overwrite the file “VideoRenderForEvr.ax”
- Open TotalMedia Theatre, browse to a Bluray folder and load it
- Once the Bluray movie is loaded a small icon will appear in your quick launch bar
Right click on this icon to open options
Load Sub – Browse to your desired subtitles
Font Style – Font color, size etc.
Show/Hide Sub – Show or hide the loaded subtitles
About – Credit to developer and keyboard shortcuts to few commands
To load your external subtitles, click the “Load Sub” option and browse to your desired subtitles. subtitles will be displayed with the Bluray movie.
please note that this is “On the fly” subtitles loading, this is not permanent .
I’m not the programmer of this applications. all credit goes to the programmer who’s name written in “About” window.
Also, ive written this guide according to an Hebrew Home theater forum