In this article i will teach you how to order from the U.S Google Play store from a non U.S country. as you know, or have already tried, only U.S citizens can order from the Google Play store, if you’re outside the U.S you will need to take some steps in order to purchase from the Play store.
i will also show you how to (in most cases) avoid customs fees using a company called shipito in which you can fill your own customs deceleration form.
Things you will need:
- Open an account at shipito.com. Go to “Your Shipito and Home Address” and check the addresses you can use. better to use Oregon address, in Oregon there are no sales tax, you can save up to 9%.
- International Visa credit card
- Any IP spoofing technique like VPN, TunnelBear, Hola browser extension etc.
- Go to Google Wallet and open an account. in “Billing Address” put the address you received from shipito.com and in “Shipping Address” put the same address (i.e. Tualatin OR, Suite # etc.)
- Call your credit card company and ask them to add a secondary address. give them the address you received from shipito.com (i.e. Tualatin OR, Suite # etc.)
- Give the credit card company a few days to update your request or call them and verify it was actually updated. dont make a purchase before you validate the address was actually updated, your order might get cancelled if Google will validate your billing address with the credit card company and the credit card company will reply that this address is not correct
- Open TunnelBear and choose “United States”, this will assign you a U.S IP address
- Go to Google Play and make a purchase
- After a while your package will be sent to the shipito address you provided earlier (i.e. Tualatin OR, Suite # etc.)
- You will receive an email from shipito saying that the package has arrived and now you need to choose a shipping method, fill the customs deceleration and pay
- Choose a shipping method that best suite you. be aware that certain shipping options are not relevant because cell phones, tablets and such contain a battery and not all carriers allow to ship batteries. one more thing, don’t use services like Fedex, UPS etc., you will pay customs fee for sure. try to use services like USPS Priority or the most cheap delivery method
- Fill the customs deceleration. now, this is the best part about shipito, you get to fill the customs deceleration by yourself, so you can actually write any purchase value and type of goods you want. be aware that if the customs will open up your package and see that the goods inside the package does not match the customs deceleration you may end up paying a fine. for example, when ordering a Nexus device, you can declare that this is a “GPS device” with a value of 65$
- After a while your package will be sent to you. now you just need to wait for it to arrive to your nearest post office without being caught in your country’s customs
i can’t guarantee your package wont be caught in customs, do it at your own risk.